I am on a Top Five kick right now (blame it on the fact that I watched High Fidelity recently!) and I keep having Top Five lists pop into my head at random times, like tonight.
It is a common fact that I enjoy being a Fabulous Redhead! I like to embrace my vibrant personality and can almost always “blame” it on my hair color!
Here are a few of my Favorite Fabulous Sassilicious Redheads:
1. Lucille Ball – What’s not to LOVE about her?!?!? She was witty, smart, sassy, hilarious and able to make people laugh at her mistakes!
** “How I Love Lucy was born? We decided that instead of divorce lawyers profiting from our mistakes, we’d profit from them.” L.B.
** “I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.” L.B.
** “I’d rather regret the things I’ve done than regret the things I haven’t done.” L.B.
2. Debra Messing – I love her for the same reasons that I love Lucille! Hilarious… and Sassy! That is one of those unique qualities about us redheads. We can be funny and smart AND gorgeous all at the same time. Blondes and Brunettes can also be ALL of these things too…. It’s just that Redheads are quirky too!
** ” I’m a little commitment phobic, in that I’ve always been someone who likes to take things one year at a time because as we all know, a year can change everything in your life.” D.M.
** ” When you’re passionate about something, you want it to be all it can be. But in the endgame of life, I fundamentally believe the key to happiness is letting go of that idea of perfection.” D.M.
3. Pippi Longstocking – Ok, so she is a fictional character made up by Swedish author Astrid Lindgren but this girl has SPUNK! She was the girl I wanted to BE when I grew up! She had a monkey and a horse and wore the Craziest of Socks! There was NO adventure that Pippi couldn’t tackle!
** “‘I am a Thing-Finder, and when you’re a Thing-Finder, you don’t have a minute to spare.”‘ P.L.
4. Conan O’Brien – I have the Biggest Crush on Conan (Don’t tell his wife!) His sense of humor is exactly what I am looking for in a guy – smart, dry and sarcastic. He is the only guy I can think of that makes a Comb-Over look sexy!
** “A study in the Washington Post says that women have better verbal skills than men. I just want to say to the authors of that study: “Duh.”” C.O’Brien
**“In Cleveland there is legislation moving forward to ban people from wearing pants that fit too low. However, there is lots of opposition from the plumber’ union.” C. O’Brien
5. It’s a Tie: Kate Walsh and Amy Adams – Gorgeous, Smart, Independent Redheads that I cannot get enough of! These are my Icons in the world of Sassy Redheads! I can’t even explain it…. Just love them to pieces!
** “These days, knitting and crocheting clothing, accessories and home decor items is as much a sanity saver or a social outlet as they are a creative effort.” K.W.